Treating nail fungus with folk remedies is widely used in people's daily life for many good reasons. First of all, this is the naturalness of such drugs and the absence of almost 100% of side effects (the only exception, perhaps, is the partial rejection of individual ingredients by the body).
In addition, "popular" prescriptions are able to successfully complement treatment with traditional pharmaceuticals and are often advised by doctors themselves to combine them. Also, the price factor plays an important role in their popularity.
There are many popular recipes aimed at fighting fungal diseases, including in the groin and ears. In this article you can read the most effective and common of them.
Recipes using herbs
This is the most popular category of folk remedies for nail fungus, as many modern pharmaceutical medicines contain common flora ingredients in their composition.
- Tea mushrooms- one of the most common remedies against fungal infections. Kombucha from nail fungus is mainly used in the form of lotions and compresses. A plate of kombucha or part of it should be applied to diseased areas of the nail plates of the hands or feet, wrapped in waterproof material (cellophane is most commonly used), and clean socks should be worn. The procedure is performed in the evening, just before bedtime, the compress is removed in the morning. After applying the compress, be sure to rinse the affected area with water and clean the nail plates, then apply iodine.
- Celandine. Another popular key way to fight fungal infections. From nail fungus, celandine can be used in both its pure form as well as celandine oil. Moisten the leaf juice or oil with a cotton swab, apply to the nail damaged by the mold and bandage. Keep such a compress should be from 4 to 5 hours. Lotions to do until complete rehabilitation of nail plates.
- Kalanchoe. This common houseplant can also help in the fight against fungal diseases. Separate the callanchoe leaf from the film covering it, place it on the nail, wrap it in cellophane and wear a sock. Repeat every evening until recovery, in the morning be sure to treat the nail plate with sterilized manicure accessories.
- Golden mustache. You can make a tincture of this plant yourself, but to save time you can buy it at the pharmacy. Solution recipe: pour 50 joints of "golden mustache" with half a liter of vodka or pure alcohol, leave for 14 days. Then one part of the tincture should be diluted with three parts water. Rub on the affected skin 2-3 times a day.
- Mint. Mix the crushed mint leaves with salt and the resulting mass disperse in the interdigital folds for one hour. The compress is applied once or twice a day until recovery.
- Poultry or Indian onions. The juice of this plant helps with nail fungus and fungus of the interdigital area. This fluid should be gently rubbed into the infected areas of the skin 1 to 2 times a day until healing.
- Spurge. Half a glass of dried plant collection should be diluted with a liter of boiling water and soaked for half an hour in a water bath. Use the infusion for 7-10 days.
- Pine cones and needles. Discard 250 grams of crushed needles or cones with alcohol (at least 70%) and leave in a dark place for two weeks. On average, such compresses should be done in about two weeks.
- Thyme. Dilute 3-4 tablespoons of dried herbs in boiling water, leave to cool for an hour. Wet a soft cloth or bandage with the resulting solution and wrap the affected area. It is necessary to withstand the compress for two hours twice a week.
- Rowan. Fresh rowan leaves are good for getting rid of harmful fungal spores in spring and summer. The crushed leaves are applied to the diseased area of the skin and fixed with a soft cloth (bandage). Lotions are made daily for 30 days.
- air. The roots of this plant are sold in pharmacies. Grind the root, add 100 ml of boiling water, pass through a sieve. Take by mouth 2-3 times a day.
- Lilac. Another "spring" antifungal recipe. Add a glass of medical alcohol to fresh lilac flowers, leave for 15 days. Lubricate the fungus-damaged skin areas by infusion.
- Pear. Crushed pear leaves have a healing effect similar to antibiotics. Dilute 1 teaspoon of crushed leaves with 250 grams of warm water and heat it slightly on the stove. Once the solution has cooled, compresses can be applied to the affected areas.
- garlic. Grind 1-2 cloves and add a whisk of table salt, drain. Treat diseased skin with infusion 2-3 times a day.
- burdock. A fresh leaf of this plant should be wiped (under no circumstances should it be washed with running water), slightly soften the veins inside the leaf (so that the plant sap appears) and then apply it to the affected area. fix with a bandage and leave for a few hours. The procedure is performed within three weeks.
- grains. Squeeze the juice from the leaves, moisten it with a cotton swab or other absorbent material and apply on the infected skin until completely healed.
- Herbal mixture:calendula, oak bark, berries, verbena, horse tail herb. Add approximately 200 grams of water in approximately equal amounts of ingredients, place on the stove and simmer for 20 minutes. Leave the solution for 2-3 hours, it can be taken orally or used for compresses. Inside - a tablespoon 3-4 times a day. Apply compresses before going to bed.
Popular remedies for nail fungus using pharmaceutical products
Despite the fact that the main ingredients of such popular recipes are sold in a regular pharmacy, they nevertheless have a number of features that distinguish them from highly specialized antifungal ointments. First, the price varies considerably (as a rule, it is much lower), and secondly, "folk" remedies are just one of the components of the prescription, and the method of their application was developed decades ago. Below is a list of the most popular and economical ways to treat fungal infections.
- Propolis. Treating nail fungus with propolis, along with "herbal" recipes, is a very effective and popular recipe of traditional medicine. Wet a cotton swab with propolis solution (20%) and apply to infected areas of skin or nail plate. Apply until a healthy nail grows.
- Eucalyptus oil. From eucalyptus tree oil, you can get a good antifungal ointment. It is necessary to mix 30-40 grams of oil with 15 grams of honey and add half a spoon of apple cider vinegar. Leave the mixture for three days in a cool, dark place. Apply to the affected area of skin once a day until the symptoms of the disease disappear.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Before applying the solution, it is necessary to steam the fungus-damaged nail plates and only then carefully apply the solution with a cotton swab. Wipe the skin twice a day until the signs of the disease disappear.
- Salicylic ointment.Treat the damaged areas of the skin and nail plates with a 35% solution of this oil before going to bed, then wrap in cellophane and wear socks. Repeat the procedure until complete recovery.
- vaj rosemary. Rosemary is also good for toenail and toenail fungus. The oil is suitable for treating arms, legs and torso. Apply at bedtime until the signs of mycosis disappear.
- Jodi. Treating nail fungus with iodine is one of the simplest but most effective ways to fight fungal diseases. A 5% iodine solution is gently applied to the infected areas of the skin at least twice a day. The duration of the procedures is 20 days. However, when you use the medicine, a strong burning sensation may appear. In this case, the number of friction should be reduced to 1 time per day.
- A solution of glycerin, iodine and vinegar. Mix in the following proportions: one tablespoon of glycerin, iodine, vinegar, 2 tablespoons of boiled water. Lubricate the affected skin with the resulting solution overnight.
- Birch tar. Sold in any pharmacy, before use it is recommended to wash your feet well with laundry soap. How to apply: moisten a cotton swab with tar and apply to the affected areas, then wrap the leg with a bandage and wear a clean sock. You can also use a special tar soap for nail fungus.
Popular antifungal recipe "from the pantry"
This category of folk remedies against fungal infections can be found exactly on the kitchen shelves of your home. Treating nail fungus with such folk remedies is by no means inferior in popularity to traditional medicines. The most popular products and recipes from them:
- Coffee. A very popular tool to fight mycosis, and, therefore, one of the most effective. It is necessary to drink strong coffee with beans and let it cool slightly, then briefly lower your hands or feet into the drink. From nail fungus, coffee helps almost immediately: the itching disappears, the skin becomes softer and healthier.
- vinegar. Nail fungus treatment with vinegar is performed as follows: feet should be soaked for a few minutes in apple cider vinegar or wine, after washing them well. Most often, the vinegar treatment is for foot fungus.
- Lemon. The feet should be well steamed, then dip a cotton swab in lemon juice and make a compress that lasts no more than an hour.
- Salt. Sea salt from nail fungus is used in the form of daily foot baths (hands can also be steamed). Recipe: Dissolve 100 grams of sea salt and 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in 5 liters of boiled water, dip your feet in the resulting solution for half an hour.
- Vodka. In a quarter cup of vodka, add a teaspoon of lemon juice and half a teaspoon of potassium permanganate, mix, leave for 3-5 days. The infusion should be treated with infected areas of skin and nail plates twice a day.
- Ointment for egg shell, vinegar and butter. Pour the vinegar into an empty egg and place in a dark place, after the shell has dissolved, remove the film and add butter to the resulting mixture. Treat the skin and nails twice a day until recovery.